Stories Lived wants your inspiring documentary short films.
Due January 27th, 2017 - Stories Lived is a website dedicated to hosting video shorts that move and inspire us all to be the best version of ourselves we can be. It is a unique site in which one can see, learn and in turn, draw upon that grace that others show in their lives and hopefully use it in our own lives to be a blessing to others.
For this competition, you are invited to submit a short inspirational video that conveys a beautiful outcome – one from which we can all learn. Stories should center on people who have either overcome challenges (ex: someone who kept on truckin’ after a challenging life event) or people who have seen a need in the world and have done something positive to create change (ex: someone who started a community garden). Tell the story through video: why and how they did what they did.
This competition will take place over 3 months, with each month focused on a new theme. You may submit original videos to one or more of the following categories:
1. Personal Triumph Category: Stories about individuals who inspire those around them simply by how they approach and overcome obstacles with grace and dignity. Submissions in this category are now closed.
2. Personal Passion Category: Stories about individuals who have found their calling, meaning, and purpose in this lifetime, and how it inspires others around them. Submissions in this category are due no later than December 27th, 2016. Submissions in this category are now closed.
3. Environmental Category: Stories about individuals helping the environment and inspiring others to do the same. Submissions in this category are due no later than January 27th, 2017.
Video shorts must be no longer than 5 minutes, though Stories Lived would like to challenge filmmakers to hone their editing skills by keeping videos to 2 to 3 minutes. A trailer to a longer film may be submitted, and a link to the full film can be included in the description area.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
* Personal Triumph Category – $500
* Personal Passion Category – $500
* Environmental Category – $500
Jury Inspired Award
From the three Categories Winners, the jury will select one submission to receive an additional $2,000.
The top 3 submissions from each category will move on to a peer vote comprised of past and present Stories Lived contest entrants. The submission that receives the most votes will receive $1,500.
Open to all.
Operation Prevention is awarding a $10,000 grand prize to students who film an original PSA warning their peers of the dangers of prescription opioid misuse. Cash prizes will also be award to two runners up, & a people’s choice winner will get a VIP tour of DEA Training at Quantico, VA. Register today for your chance to make a difference!