Students in Oregon: Speak up. Work safe.
Due February 1st, 2017 - The Oregon Young Employee Safety Coalition is seeking video entries that will inspire teens to do at least one thing differently to stay safe on the job. Video entries should inspire young workers to do at least one thing differently to stay safe on the job. Entries must include the theme: “Speak up. Work safe.” and educate young workers about the importance of speaking up in the workplace.
Why is speaking up so important? Because a VitalSmarts, Silent Danger study of more than 1,600 workers, managers, and safety directors found that 93 percent of employees say their workgroup is currently at risk from “accidents waiting to happen” because people are unwilling or believe they are unable to speak up about workplace dangers.
Here are some of the things you should speak up about:
- When you see someone doing something that could get them or someone else hurt.
- When you don’t understand how to do a task.
- When you’re asked to do something that you don’t think is safe.
- When a co-worker asks you to do something that you know you’re not supposed to do.
- When you’re asked to operate equipment or do a job that the law protects you from doing.
- When you’re hurt or have a “close call” at work.
- When you see “an accident waiting to happen” or an unsafe work condition.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
$500 + a matching prize for your school
$400 + a matching prize for your school
$300 + a matching prize for your school
Any student between the ages of 14 and 18 who lives in Oregon can enter.
Create a short, sweet, and cheeky Video that highlights the iconic amenities at Caesars properties in Las Vegas and drives awareness for the leisure traveler to enjoy free WiFi available across their numerous properties.