Ready to crack the case of these mysterious 'detective' words?
Josh Binion from ,
Due October 1st, 2013 -
Detectives solve complex problems. They sift through evidence, hunt down the bad guys, protect the people, and prevent crimes. Not bad for a day’s work!
Now it’s your turn. Look at the six words below. Choose one. Take a close look at the definition and the clues in the brief to craft a story that conveys the definition. Then, make a video, one minute or less, that effectively and creatively teaches the meaning of the word you’ve chosen. Are you up to the challenge?
Choose ONE of the following words:
1) Scrutiny - Scrutiny is a noun that means a close examination or observation.
2) Exonerate - Exonerate is a verb that means to clear from blame; to absolve.
3) Ambiguous - Ambiguous is an adjective that means unclear in meaning; can be interpreted in different ways.
4) Foresight - Foresight is a noun that means careful consideration of the future.
5) Culpable - Culpable is an adjective that means deserving blame.
6) Covert - Covert is an adjective that means hidden or undercover.
In a video, no longer than 1 minute, you must:
1. Choose only one word from the list provided
2. Clearly and accurately demonstrate the meaning, pronunciation and correct usage of the word using the definition provided
3. Display the following as text onscreen at appropriate points during your video:
* The word and its part of speech (noun, adjective or verb)
* The definition of the word
* The word used accurately in a sentence that describes the actions in your video
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
Students (ages 13-18): $1000
Teachers/Adults (19 and older): $1000
Runner Up Prizes
Open to residents of the US and Canada, 13 and older.
Ready to crack the case of six mysterious 'detective' words? Choose one of the following words and create a 60-second vocab video: Scrutiny, Exonerate, Ambiguous, Foresight, Culpable, or Covert.