Make a video or art-piece on the world's safe drinking water crisis.
Due July 1st, 2015 - According to UNICEF, “more than a billion people do not have access to safe water and well over 2 billion people live without adequate sanitation. At any given time, more than half of the developing world’s population is suffering from one or more of the primary diseases associated with unsafe water and poor sanitation.
Without access to safe water and adequate sanitation, families remain mired in deplorable conditions. Young children die from preventable diseases. Those who survive are often unable to learn in school or succeed in life because of the legacy of ill health in their early years and the burden of recurring illnesses. The benefits of safe water and adequate sanitation extend far beyond tackling disease.”
The aim of the Safe Water Prize is to produce a creative, informative and inspiring collection of artwork/media that focuses on a variety of topics relating to the world safe water crisis. The Safe Water Prize will inspire youth to take action, raise funds, and get involved in providing safe drinking water to families in desperate need.
Your CHALLENGE is to create a creative, informative and inspirational art form that focuses on the theme: "The Global Drinking Water Crisis"
Artwork/media may be two or three‐dimensional or digital. In the case of artwork, maximum entry size is 18 inches by 24 inches, not including matting. Each contest may submit only one piece of artwork/media, in any of the following categories:
* Drawing ‐‐ Colored or graphite pencil, ink, pastel, crayon, chalk, marker, or charcoal. Pastels and charcoal must be protected with a fixative spray.
* Painting ‐‐ Acrylic, watercolor, oil, other plastic paints.
* Printmaking ‐‐ Block print, monoprint, collagraph, serigraph, lithograph, or other forms.
* Mixed Media ‐‐ Use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
* Collage ‐‐ Cut and glued papers, such as construction paper, tissue paper, wrapping paper, aluminum foil, etc.
* Photography – Black and white or color.
* 3D – Ceramics, sculpture, clay, papier‐mâché, woodcarving, etc.
* Digital – Art/graphics, animation, video (MAXIMUM LENGTH OF 3 MINUTES)
Note: The deadline to REGISTER for this competition is July 1, 2015. However, you will have until August 1, 2015 to complete your submission.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
$1000 cash (best overall artwork in all categories)
$100 each, maximum of 5
All entrants must be under the age of 18 as of the deadline, July 1, 2015, for submitting their Registration Form. If entrants are from outside of the United States, they must enter their artwork in association with a Rotary Club from their area. In the event of a winning entry outside of the United States, the prize money will be sent to the affiliated Rotary Club, and then allocated to the entrant.
Share the most extreme moments of an adventure outside of the United States with friends and family back home. It could be adventure sports, unbelievable sights, or exotic food, but you'll know it's extreme when it totally freaks out your parents.