Love a good scare? Make a 60-sec video about a classic horror book.
Due July 30th, 2015 - What do a brilliant detective, an aristocratic vampire, a headless horseman and a monster made up of stolen body parts have in common? They all need video shorts that draw new readers in. Project Ed wants you to capture all the suspense and fright of four classic novels in short videos.
Choose one of the following four books and create a one-minute video that fits ONE of these categories:
1. Book Trailer: A video that, like a movie preview, gets potential readers excited enough to run out and pick up this book right away
2. 60-Second Scene: A re-enactment of a critical scene from the book
3. Dramatic Reading: A powerful reading of an excerpt from the book that brings the text to life.
The Books (available for free at link below)
* The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Synopsis: A collection of mysteries about Sherlock Holmes, including "A Scandal in Bohemia," "The Red-Headed League," and "The Speckled Band."
* The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving - Synopsis: Ichabod Crane, a superstitious schoolmaster, is pursued by a headless horseman as he competes with another for the hand of the woman he loves.
* Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - Synopsis: Dr. Frankenstein's creation, a man made of stolen body parts, repels him. The creature is tormented by isolation and rejection, which leads to violence and tragedy.
* Dracula by Bram Stoker - Synopsis: Dracula, an aristocratic vampire, comes to England to woo the virtuous Mina.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
Youth (ages 13-17): $1000
Teachers/Adults (18 and older): $1000
Viewer's Choice Prize
Open to members of the Project ED community (it's free to register!), who are residents of the US and Canada, 13 and older.
What do a brilliant detective, an aristocratic vampire, a headless horseman and a monster made up of stolen body parts have in common? They all need video shorts that draw new readers in. Make a 60-sec video about a classic horror book to earn up to $1000!