Open a book and go on an adventure this summer!
Due July 30th, 2015 - Do you seek out adventure everywhere you go? Do boundaries mean nothing to you? If your answer was yes! then Project Ed has the contest for you.
Choose one of the following four books and create a one-minute video that fits ONE of these categories:
1. Book Trailer: A video that, like a movie preview, gets potential readers excited enough to run out and pick up this book right away
2. 60-Second Scene: A re-enactment of a critical scene from the book
3. Dramatic Reading: A powerful reading of an excerpt from the book that brings the text to life.
The Books (available for free at link below)
* Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs - Synopsis: John Clayton, an orphaned baby, is adopted by an ape and raised in the jungle, isolated from other humans.
* The Call of the Wild by Jack London - Synopsis: Buck, a dog, is kidnapped and shipped to Alaska to work in the Gold Rush, and he must adapt to life in the wild.
* Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - Synopsis: After falling down a rabbit hole and stepping through a mirror, Alice experiences unusual adventures with a variety of nonsensical characters.
* Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne - Synopsis: In 1872, English gentleman Phileas Fogg had many adventures as he tried to win a bet that he could travel around the world in 80 days.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
Youth (ages 13-17): $1000
Teachers/Adults (18 and older): $1000
Viewer's Choice Prize
Open to members of the Project ED community (it's free to register!), who are residents of the US and Canada, 13 and older.
Open a book and go on an adventure this summer! Create a one-minute video about one of four classic adventure novels to earn up to $1,000 from Project Ed.