Make a 1-minute video about a classic science-fiction book.
Josh Binion from ,
Due July 30th, 2015 - Have you ever dreamed of time traveling? Or exploring the deepest depths of the oceans? Or what might happen if hostile aliens visit Earth? This is your chance to put your imagination to the test when you create a short video based on a science-fiction classic.
Choose one of the following three books and create a one-minute video that fits ONE of these categories:
1. Book Trailer: A video that, like a movie preview, gets potential readers excited enough to run out and pick up this book right away
2. 60-Second Scene: A re-enactment of a critical scene from the book
3. Dramatic Reading: A powerful reading of an excerpt from the book that brings the text to life.
The Books (available for free at link below)
* The Time Machine by H. G. Wells - Synopsis: This classic features an unnamed protagonist, or main character, who invented a machine that allows him to visit the future.
* Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne - Synopsis: The famous tale that anticipated many of the scientific achievements of the 20th century and features an electric submarine, its peculiar captain, and the undersea world.
* The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells - Synopsis: When life on Mars becomes impossible, Martians and their terrifying machines invade Earth.
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
Youth (ages 13-17): $1000
Teachers/Adults (18 and older): $1000
Viewer's Choice Prize
Open to members of the Project ED community (it's free to register!), who are residents of the US and Canada, 13 and older.
Have you ever dreamed of time traveling? Or exploring the deepest depths of the oceans? Or what might happen if hostile aliens visit Earth? This is your chance to put your imagination to the test when you create a short video based on a science-fiction classic (and earn up to $1,000 in the process!).