Bring the stories of American Girl's BeForever characters to life.
Due August 17th, 2015 -
American Girl characters have won the hearts of millions of girls over the past 25 years. When girls read their books and explore their fascinating eras, they not only have fun, they discover that there's a connection between all girls that transcends time. The BeForever line has girls who are bright and brave, creative and kind, and they all have a story to tell.
Working with Tongal, American Girl wants you to bring these inspirational characters to life in a whole new way.
* Maryellen Larkin, an enthusiastic girl growing up in the fabulous '50s who wants to stand out from the crowd.
* Julie Albright, a free-spirited girl from the groovy '70s, who fights for what's right.
The goal of this project is to create an inspirational and engaging 15-minute Short Film that celebrates and gives new meaning to the key messages in Julie and Maryellen’s stories.
Your Short Film will comprise of THREE (3) stand-alone 5-minute segments (each with a 15-second cut-down) that are cohesive enough to put together for the full 15-minute piece.
After watching the Short Film, we want viewers to take away:
* “These characters are aspirational or heroic to me and I want to engage more with them and the American Girl brand!”
* “You have your own story to tell, and American Girl wants to hear it.”
* “Become part of the BeForever storytelling legacy that spans time and crosses generations and bring American Girl BeForever storytelling to a whole new digital medium.”
Click the link below for Official Rules and more details.
Screenplay Outline Awards (Submissions due 07/16/15)
FOUR Screenplay Outline creators will each receive $500 and the opportunity to write a full Screenplay.
Screenplay Awards (Open only to Screenplay Outline winners, due 07/29/15)
Upon completion of the Screenplays, each writer will be awarded $3,000.
Pitch Awards (Submissions accepted 08/03/15 through 08/17/15)
The TWO most compelling Pitches will be awarded up to $40,000 to complete production of their Short Films.
Short Film Awards (Submissions only open to Pitch winners, due 10/12/15)
Upon completion of the Short Films, each Pitch winner will receive an additional $43,000 for their work.
Open to Tongal community members (it's free to register!), 13 and older.
NASA and the Houston Cinema Arts Society are looking for filmmakers with a passion for storytelling to create unique and out of the box films using real NASA footage. Your film could be screened at the Houston Cinema Arts Festival in November and win one of five cash awards!